Want to make a difference to homeless dogs and cats at the East County Animal Shelter (ECAS)?
At the East County Animal Shelter (ECAS) located at 4595 Gleason Dr. in Dublin, TVAR volunteers play a critical part in helping the county deal with the many homeless dogs and cats that end up there through no fault of their own.
Shelter volunteers are critical to the lives and well-being of the dogs and cats at the shelter and help keep these deserving animals happy and less stressed during their time at the shelter.
Shelter volunteers provide love and nurturing.
Volunteers provide so much to these animals by participating in socialization activities! For dogs: walks and play time and even training opportunities; for cats: play time in cat socializing rooms.
Our most experienced volunteers also assist the public with adoptions. These activities are incredibly rewarding when you see the look of gratitude in these animals’ faces when they get to leave their kennels/cages and receive love and attention from the shelter volunteers..
STEPS TO SOCIALIZE DOGS AND CATS AT THE SHELTER
- WATCH THE ORIENTATION VIDEO
- REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER
- click the button below
- SIGN UP FOR A SHELTER TRAINING SESSION
- To attend a training session, you must contact one of the instructors and sign up for a session of your choosing.
Shelter Training Sessions
- You must contact an instructor to make an appointment from the list below to ensure a spot in their class.
- Please arrive promptly for your session or notify your Trainer in advance if you need to cancel.
- To attend a training session, you must forward/email a copy of your registration statement/confirmation to your trainer before attending the Shelter Training Session.
Dog Instruction Schedule
|SESSION DATES||SESSION TIMES||INSTRUCTOR||CONTACT|
|1st Tuesday of each month||11:30am – 1:00pm||Cindy Churchill||CinChurchill@aol.com|
|1st Friday of each month||11:30am – 1:30pm||Nancy Nilssenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3rd Saturday of each month||12:00pm – 2:00pm||Elizabeth Bondemail@example.com|
|1st Saturday of each month||12:00pm - 2:00pm||Sue James||SueJ@tvar.org|
|2nd Sunday of each month||2:00pm – 4:00pm||Veen Chee Foongfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3rd Sunday of each month||10:30pm – 12:30pm||Kari Petznickemail@example.com|